It was planned as a new part of the Royal Mail coach road from Llanbedr y Cennin to Abergwyngregyn before the A55 coast road was built linking Chester to Holyhead around Penmaenmawr.
The enclosure award still shows the name White Hart, which is very unusual for a road name rather than inns.
The White Hart in Llangybi was first built in the early 16th century and was to become the property of Henry VIII as part of Jane Seymour's wedding dowry, while a century later Oliver Cromwell is reputed to have used it as his headquarters in Monmouthshire during the English Civil War. Touring Wales in 1935 the poet had visited the old hostelry which does indeed stand near the village well, once painted white and now in ruins.
The Dartington Morris Men side was formed at Dartington Hall in 1968 and was given permission (by whom?
)to use the crest of the white hart on a red rose as its emblem.
Now operating as a nightclub and restaurant called Sugar Hut.
The building can be seen on reality TV programme,'The Only Way Is Essex'.